This Queen Anne Victorian home was built in 1897 by banker Alexander Davidson, as a wedding gift for his bride, Laura Tanner. He paid $1,250 for two and a half lots and the cost to build the house was $12,000. In 1919, it was acquired by Effie Tanner, who was married to Laura Tanner's brother, Leigh Vergne. She paid $600 for the house and one and a half lots. In 1928 Leigh suffered a fatal accident. In 1935 Effie had the house converted into two apartments. She moved to the second floor apartment and her son Keith and his wife Viola lived on first floor. Later, in the mid 1940's, she put an addition on the house and added another apartment. When Effie passed away in 1949, her six children inherited the house; but Keith bought the others out for $1.00 each. In 1978 the house was sold again and the attic was finished to add a fourth apartment. The apartments were rented, but the house was not maintained. In 1996, when Jim and Gen Waller bought the house, it was in very poor condition. Over a period of several years, they restored the house to a single family dwelling - thus saving the house from certain collapse. In 2006 Jim and Gen Waller sold the house to Scott and Raquel Lundberg who now operate the Waller House Inn.